All titles are available at The New York Public Library; search the Catalog to locate and reserve materials. Hyperlinked titles on this list are also available for purchase in The Library Shop, where Library Friends receive a 10 percent discount.
- Companion volume to the exhibition: Shelley’s Ghost: Reshaping the Image of a Literary Family, by Stephen Hebron and Elizabeth C. Denlinger. Oxford: Bodleian Library, 2010.
- Holmes, Richard. Shelley: The Pursuit. New York: New York Review Books, 2003.
- Reiman, Donald H. and Neil Fraistat, editors. Shelley’s Poetry and Prose. New York: Norton, 2002.
- Seymour, Miranda. Mary Shelley. New York: Grove Press, 2001.
- Shelley, Mary. Frankenstein, edited by J. Paul Hunter. New York: Norton, 1996.
- St. Clair, William. The Godwins and the Shelleys: The Biography of a Family. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 1991.
- Wroe, Ann. Being Shelley: The Poet’s Search for Himself. New York: Pantheon, 2007.
- Brosgol, Vera. Anya's Ghost. New York: First Second, 2011.
- Hamilton, Virginia. Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush. New York: Philomel Books, 1982.
Children’s Chapter Books
- Hahn, Mary Downing. The Ghost of Crutchfield Hall. Boston: Clarion Books, 2010.
- Meehan, Kierin. Hannah's Winter. La Jolla: KaneMiller, 2009.
Children’s Picture Books
- Galdone, Joanna. The Tailypo: A Ghost Story. New York: Clarion Books, 2010.
- Ogburn, Jacqueline K. The Bake Shop Ghost. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 2005.